Shall have a minimum density of 14 pounds per cubic foot (225 kg/m3), and a maximum density of 17 pounds per cubic foot (273 kg/m3) for unflattened UBC and 22 pounds per cubic foot (353 kg/m3) for flattened UBC. Size: Minimum 30 cubic feet (.85 m3), with bale range dimensions of 24” to 40” (61 to 132 cm) by 30” to 52” (76 to 132 cm) by 40” to 84”(102 to 213 cm). The only acceptable tying method shall be as follows: four to six 5/8” (1.6 cm) x .020” (5 mm) steel bands, or six to ten #13 gauge steel wires (aluminum bands or wires are acceptable in equivalent strength and number). Use of skids and/or support sheets of any material is not acceptable. Must be magnetically separated material and free of steel, lead, bottle caps, plastic cans and other plastic, glass, wood, dirt, grease, trash, and other foreign substances. Any free lead is basis for rejection. Any and all aluminum items, other than used beverage cans, are not acceptable. Variations to this specification should be agreed upon prior to shipment between the buyer and seller.
Effective as of: July 14th, 2022
Terms & Conditions
- Delivery of more or less of the specified quantity up to 3 percent is permissible.
- A ton shall be understood to be 2,000 pounds, unless otherwise specified.
- If any portion of the goods covered by a contract are unshipped or undelivered within the time specified in a contract, then that portion is subject to cancellation by the buyer and/or the buyer has the right to hold the seller responsible for substantiated damages.If, because of embargo and/or other conditions of force majeure, a delivery or shipment cannot be made by the time specified, the contract shall remain valid and shall be completed promptly upon lifting of the embargo and/or conditions of force majeure and the terms of said contract shall not be changed.
- If for any portion of a contract the buyer fails in a timely manner to open a Letter of Credit and/or fails to provide proper conveyance and/or shipping instructions as specified in the contract, then that portion is subject to cancellation by the seller and/or the seller has the right to hold the buyer responsible for substantiated damages.If, because of embargo and/or other conditions of force majeure, a delivery or shipment cannot be made by the time specified, the contract shall remain valid and shall be completed promptly upon lifting of the embargo and/or conditions of force majeure and the terms of said contract shall not be changed.
- If a significant weight or quality difference is apparent, the seller should be notified promptly and, if requested, another weight or quality determination should be taken. Seller and/or buyer should be given the opportunity to appoint an independent surveyor or a representative to verify weights and/or quality.For purposes of this section, the meaning of the word “significant” shall be determined by agreement between buyer and seller, depending on the commodities and their values.
- If it is mutually determined that goods delivered do not conform to the description specified in the contract, then the shipment is subject to rejection or downgrade.Disposition of, replacement of, and/or financial adjustment for rejected material shall be subjected to mutual agreement between buyer and seller. Seller is responsible for freight costs.Buyer is expected, however, to exert every effort to limit rejections only to that portion of the shipment which is unsortable and to return the rejected portion promptly upon request, if government regulations permit.